Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sean-Monster

Three years ago today at approximately 11:30am, I gave birth to a 10 lb monstrosity.  (Monstrosity referring to the size of the child, not the child himself.)

I named him Sean.  Actually I had been calling the unborn baby "him" and "Sean" since about five months along, when I woke up at 3 am, woke Derek up and asked, "What about Sean for a boy?".  Derek had grunted something akin to assent and Sean has been "Sean" ever since.  I didn't have a dream or anything, I just woke up with the idea, his name should be Sean.  And ran with it.

I had been concerned that I wouldn't bond with the baby right away.  I was so stressed out and overwhelmed when Noah was born that I didn't really bond with him until about a month after he was born.  I needn't have worried.  It was love at first sight.

*Note: This does not mean that I love one of my children any more than the other.  It is perfectly normal to not bond with a new baby immediately, and I fully understood such at the time with Noah.  I just hoped it wouldn't happen to me twice.

Sean has always been very stubborn and very aware of how cute he is.  He's an insufferable flirt.  He loves to play outside, climb on furniture, and say 'Hi' to everyone he passes.  He is the bane of his brother's existence, as he takes his role of 'little brother' very seriously.

He is my little monster-child and I love him very much. 

Happy Birthday, Sean-Monster!

Love,
    -Mommy

No comments: